Monday, May 26, 2014

2nd and 3rd weeks after round 1

It's been awhile since I've posted only because things have been great. There really hasn't been much to post about other than the day to day life of a mom. After about Thursday the 15th I really started to feel like myself again. By Saturday I was eating better and able to really get out and continue life as normal. I spent all last week enjoying time with friends, walking almost every day along the beach, and being a mom to my boys and a wife to my sweet husband. 

I did start noticing my hair falling out more than usual last Thursday.... that's been interesting. I was walking with some friends and we were talking about if I've noticed any changes in my hair. I said no and then decided to try running my fingers through my hair, big mistake, a lot more than normal came out and each day there has been more and more. My scalp hurts when I touch it and especially when I lie down to sleep. It feels like I've had my hair in a tight ponytail all day. Sleeping was hard last night and I'm noticing my hair is just getting thinner and thinner. I'm not sure how much longer it's going to last, so below is one of the last pictures I'm going to have hair in. I just felt like I needed to document it. I've asked Max and Tate to shave their heads with me, and I laugh as I write this thinking back to Max's reaction. He seriously will NOT do it. He says he likes his hair too much. Hilarious. Tate is completely ready whenever I am, so I'm glad one of my boys is willing to do it with me. (I didn't give Porter the option, I like his blonde hair too much!)

We had a great time tonight celebrating sweet Porters 2nd birthday. He is such a sweet little toddler. I really think he was sent to me straight from heaven with the sweetest disposition. He brings us so much joy and is literally the easiest boy. He never gets into anything and is content just being home playing with toys or watching a movie. He is the snuggliest little guy and when he's tired or needs a nap he asks to go to bed. He still takes 3 hour naps! He really is too good to be true, but Heavenly Father knew I needed this little guy and I am so grateful.

Well life is good and I feel ready for my second treatment on Wednesday. I feel like I was in a little bit of a funk before and a little while after my first treatment. I wasn't really myself. Even looking back on the posts I've written, I'm glad I have them to refer to, but I'm grateful to feel how I feel now. This is going to be a roller coaster ride, but if I can remember whenever I'm down that I'll climb right back up then that will keep me going. 


4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you since yesterday...hoping it went well! So funny about Max and his hair. ;) keep up the good fight. You are an inspiration. Hugs and love, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are now a third of the way through treatments! Hopefully you will be feeling back to "normal" by this weekend. I pray for you often. Thank you for making this record of your journey. This Sunday I will be giving a talk based on President Monson's talk “I Will Not Fail Thee, nor Forsake Thee”. It is a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you! Hope you're able to rest lots and aren't putting too much pressure on yourself to do more than you're able to right now.
    Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete