Sunday, April 13, 2014

First email I sent to my family



Hey Everyone,

I know that this is the last email you would ever want to get, but I've thought about it and I feel like this is the easiest way for me to relay what's been going on to you. 

So, around the first part of december I noticed something strange about how my left breast was feeling. I kinda thought it was maybe something to do with stopping nursing....? Wasn't really sure. It was just like a thickening on the right side of my left breast. Anyhow, since it hadn't really changed right when we got back after our last trip to the states I made an appointment with my GP (general practitioner) here. That appointment was last monday and he was pretty sure it wasn't a big deal, he thought it was a fibroadenoma, but sent me in for a breast ultrasound and if it looked sinister to get a biopsy on the area. I went in for that appointment on Thursday and the Dr. did the breast ultrasound and didn't really like what he saw and knew he wanted to biopsy what he was seeing so to get better pictures sent me straight into get a mammogram. My mammogram showed 3 spots (possible lumps?) that were of concern to him, not wasting any time he took biopsies of the lower spot and the upper spot (roughly at 8 o'clock and 10 o'clock). They are very concerned about the way it looks, but the pathology has not come back yet so, please don't worry a ton... it will just stress me out more. They didn't notice anything in my lymph nodes (which is really good). Results probably won't be back until Tuesday or Wednesday here. There is a rush on them but they usually take 5 working days. I have an appointment with a breast surgeon monday because even if it is not cancer I will need to have them removed. I already told mom and dad, but other than them, you are all the first to know and are all being told through this email. Joe and I and mom and dad will be fasting this Sunday. I have a really bad feeling about this, but I'm trying to stay positive, so please pray and fast that this isn't cancer and if it is that it isn't anywhere else. I will do everything I can to fight this if it is, but it's scary and I seriously can't even believe this is happening. I know you will want to call and talk, but seriously just email me. It's way to hard to talk about it multiple times. I love you all so much! 

xoxo,
tori

No comments:

Post a Comment