Friday, April 18, 2014

My boys

I gain so much of my strength and positivity from my sweet boys. They make me keep going.

Tonight I was sitting with Max and he asked me what the hardest time in my life was. Before answering him, I tried to get a little more out of him about what he meant. He told me he thought the hardest time in my life was right now. I agreed with him and said this is the hardest trial I have ever had in my life. I explained that I would get better though and things would be okay. I told him it may seem like a really long time that I am like this, but that things are going to get better and that mommy isn't going anywhere. I also told him I love him and that even if I am sick, I will still be here for him and always ready to talk to him.

I decided this was a good lead up to see how he's doing with everything so I asked him what the hardest time in his life was. He told me it was right now because things were different. He said it's hard because I'm tired a lot and I can't do everything I did before. ... talk about heartbreaking, he was so sweet and so sincere about. I love him so much. He just gets it. It's so hard to see how this is effecting my boys. They are doing super well for the most part, but I can tell Max understands more than Tate and Porter. He's at an age where he is figuring out who he is and asking more questions about life. I just pray I can give them all enough love and I am able to calm their fears. I want their lives to be as normal as they possibly can while I go through all this.

On a lighter note, every time Tate sees me or comes and sits on my lap he very sweetly tells me my hair looks like a boy. He knows this isn't nice to say, but he can't help himself so he says things to go along with it like Mom, your eyebrows and eyes look like a girl, but your hair looks like a boy. Or coming up to me while I am painting my nails and saying ohhhh mom, your nails are soooo pretty, but your hair looks like a boy. What a sweetheart. He's trying to be nice about it at least. He is going to have another thing coming when my hair is all gone, not sure what he's going to tell me I look like then.... maybe Uncle Jevin or our friend Rick?

xoxo,
Tori

3 comments:

  1. Oh max, break my heart! Such a sweet sensitive little boy. I know this will only bring you all that much closer and stronger. Love you all so much. Hugs from across the world! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, you are amazing. Truly. Thank you so much for sharing everything about this experience. It is heartbreaking, but hopeful, full of faith, even joyful. Like I said, you're amazing. We pray for you guys every day, and I'm so glad for the recent good news about your surgery. You are a tough cookie. Your strength and your story is affecting so many, even those who aren't even close friends (including me) for the better. P.S. You look SO good with short hair! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Max. What a tender heart. And Tate has me laughing so hard right now. I can totally picture him saying all of that. Max will be your concerned child and Tate can be the comic relief. xoxo

    ReplyDelete