Sunday, April 13, 2014

Second email

So, bad news. I have breast cancer, they are pretty sure it's invasive ductal carcinoma.... you've got to be kidding me. So far things are looking good though, they think they caught it pretty early. I have a bone scan and a pet scan scheduled for the morning just to make sure it hasn't spread anywhere that they can see. I will have a mastectomy... seriously, sometime in the next few weeks. Right now the biggest decision I have to make is whether to have a single or a double one. I just don't know what to do. Too much information is being thrown at me and I feel like i'm not processing it at all. This is all super surreal. In most of my research having breast cancer basically means I'm going to be forced into not having any more kids. Of everything that has been the hardest thing for me to take. Being forced into it when you really want another sucks! I have cried the most tears over that, but I really do think things are going to be okay.. Hard, but okay. 

xoxo, Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment