Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Goodbye forever

The last few weeks the first thing I do when I wake up is I check the levels of my drain or drains. I knew if the output was below 30mL then there's a good chance I would be getting them out.

Early last week I had my second to last one removed and I thought for sure I would have my last one removed at an appointment I had later that week. I was wrong, my last drain was still in after that appointment, through the weekend and into this week. This weekend it was terrible. It was still draining 70 mL every night and on Sunday night it was causing me so much pain I about pulled it out myself. I even went as far as to have Joe clip the stitch that was holding it in because it was so painful. That relieved a little bit of the pressure, but not all of it. After that stitch was out I had to be extra careful, we used my bandages to keep it in. 

Finally, I woke up today and it had only drained 25mL... it could tell it was going to be a great day! I was so excited I called the home care nurse first thing and made an appointment to have it taken out. 

Now I feel like a normal person with nothing to drag along wherever I go. My boys were the cutest. Max noticed right off because he heard me telling my friend about it. When my mom mentioned something to Tate about me not having my drain, his big eyes lit up and he was so excited, he said "Really, let me see Mom" in such an excited voice. We spent tonight snuggling together one boy on each side. Something we couldn't do before. The boys even fell asleep with me downstairs, I was loving it. They are getting so big, but having them want to be close to me is one of the best feelings in the world. I hope they never outgrow wanting to snuggle with me. I love them all so much.

xoxo,

Tori

1 comment:

  1. Best news ever! SO happy to hear that darn drain is finally out!

    ReplyDelete